What to know before coming to my office for in-person counselling
My clients’ health is my greatest concern, so in this time of COVID-19 I have adopted procedures that follow provincial and federal guidelines to ensure your safety. Here is what to expect when you come to my office for your session.
- Prior to your appointment, even if you feel well, I ask that you self-assess for symptoms of COVID-19 using the BC self assessment tool found at https://bc.thrive.health
- If you need to cancel within 24 hours of your appointment time due to fever or any upper respiratory symptom(s) you will not be charged a cancellation fee.
- When you arrive at the address, park and wait in your car. I will text you to let you know when you may come into the office suite.
- At this time, no visitors are allowed in the waiting room.
- Minors may be accompanied by one parent or guardian.
- You will have the opportunity to use hand sanitizer.
- I encourage you to wear your own mask, and I also have masks available for you if you need one.
- We will maintain physical distancing – a minimum of 6 feet – inside the office and during the session; all seating arrangements allow for 6 feet of space.
- Please do not come to your appointment if you are experiencing, or have recently experienced symptoms of any type of sickness, or if you have been in contact with someone who has.
- If you have any fears or concerns about in-person counselling despite these thorough precautions, I encourage you to utilize my secure online counselling option.